- Features 4-step gain level with maximum 15Vrms output to support a wider variety of headphones without distortion
- Innovative circuit design with ultra-high output and low noise in an even smaller-sized player
- Equipped with ESS ES9038Q2M Quad-DAC for exceptionally clear and balanced sound
- Features proprietary TERATON ALPHA Sound Solution technology
- Supports playback of high-resolution digital audio files up to 32-bit 768 kHz/Native DSD512
- Bluetooth 5.0 and 24-bit wireless codec (aptX™ HD, LDAC) support
- Replay Gain function uniformly adjusts volume playback from sound sources up to 24-bit/192 kHz.
The KANN MAX is the 4th model in our acclaimed KANN series. Adored by audiophiles all over the world for its performance focused on high output and ultra-clear sound, the KANN MAX achieves a higher power output (15Vrms) than its award-winning predecessor, the KANN ALPHA. By applying advanced design and audio technology, this newfound power is also housed in a more compact and lightweight chassis. The result is an even wider variety of headphones, including sophisticated high impedance models, can be optimally driven without the need for additional amplification
Higher output, more compact design
As the power output increases, so does the noise level that adversely effects the audio performance. Through innovative integrated circuit design, Astell&Kern is able to achieve a low noise-level while hitting the new 15Vrms ‘Super’ output setting, and all inside a more compact design.
Superior quad DAC
The KANN MAX is the first player in the KANN series to be equipped with four ES9038Q2M DACs for a high-output performance. By employing Quad DACs - one DAC can each be fully allocated to four individual amp channels - the depth and realism of the sound source can be expressed to the fullest.
Drives any type of headphone
The KANN MAX plays files up to 32-bit/768kHz PCM and native DSD512, while supporting 2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm headphones connections for accommodating a greater variety of headphones and in-ear monitors (IEM). In order to minimise contact noise from the output jacks, a gold PVD coating method is applied to the headphone connector instead of the typical rings employed by other products. This improves both design and function.
All connectivity options covered
A BT Sink function connects the KANN MAX to an external device, such as a smartphone, via Bluetooth, enabling music to be played back in high-quality on the player. Elsewhere the KANN MAX boasts Bluetooth® 5.0, providing greater range and a more stable wireless connection to headphones and, along with support for 24-bit aptX™ HD and LDAC codecs, offers the best possible wireless sound quality. Alongside Wi-Fi support, the KANN MAX features AK File Drop for easier wireless file transfers.
Although smaller in size, all power-related components and the power circuit been developed to achieve 13 hours of continuous playback. The KANN MAX harbours 64GB on-board memory that can be expanded up to 1TB via a microSD card slot, meaning users can carry thousands of hi-res albums with them at all times.
Included in the box
- 1x Astell&Kern KANN MAX player
- 1x USB-C to USB-A cable (1 metre)
- 3x screen protectors
- 1x Quick start guide
• DSD Native
• DSD512(1bit, 22.4MHz) Stereo
• [Mid] Unbalanced 4Vrms / Balanced 8Vrms (Condition No Load),
• [High] Unbalanced 6Vrms / Balanced 12Vrms (Condition No Load),
• [Super] Unbalanced 8Vrms / Balanced 15Vrms (Condition No Load)
• Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported | 4.4m, only 5-pole supported)
• Balanced±0.035dB (Condition:20Hz~70kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.072dB (Condition
• 115dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
• -135dB @ 1kHz, Balanced
• 0.0004% @ 1kHz, Balanced
• 0.0007% 800Hz 10kHz (4:1) Balanced
• Balanced Out 2.5mm (1.6ohm), 4.4mm (1.6ohm)